Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Evie Turns One


Evie turned one in May of this year and I am super late posting about the party. As I was planning and stressing every detail (because that's what I do) Elliott said to me, "You realize she is turning one, right?" Of course I know she won't remember a thing about the party but I really wanted it to be special. We made it through our first year of being parents - isn't that reason enough to celebrate in a big way?


The theme was Vintage Circus and it was so nostalgic and easy to do without having to purchase half of Party City.


I found a printable package from Etsy and, with the help of my sister, printed and cut almost all the decorations. I will be honest - this took the patience of a saint and slight OCD tendencies to accomplish. Each ridge on those popcorn boxes is hand cut. I also made pink and green cake stands with spray paint and some dishes and candleholders I found at Goodwill. 


For the food I ordered popcorn, kettle corn and cotton candy to be delivered the day before. I filled jars with nostalgic candy and they looked so pretty on the table. I made the cake and cupcakes with the wrappers and matching bunting and we had a simple "circus" meal of hot dogs, chips and potato salad with all the fixings.


I did paint an antique wooden high chair for her outdoor "smash cake" pictures and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. I wanted to do something a little nicer than her regular high chair in the kitchen and this was perfect.


For details on the where and how, visit my pinterest page HERE.


Now for the photo bomb!
























Photobucket